Privileges & dining
Did you know that Roll Members can dine in College three times a year?
The College Statutes provide for a Register of all former students, to be called the Newnham College Roll, the privileges of which are to be
determined from time to time by the Council. In February 1918 the Council appointed a Committee to draw up a scheme of regulations for giving effect to this provision; and in May 1918 this Committee framed the Regulations defining the constitution, fees, and privileges of the Roll and of its members.
The privileges now stand as follows:
- To make representations through the committee to the Council and to the Associates
- To nominate through the Committee candidates for Associateships
- To attend Commemoration as far as accommodation allows
- To read in the Library so far as is practicable but not to borrow books
- To have on payment a meal in College three times a year, by arrangement, as far as accommodation allows. Information and a schedule of Formal Halls for 2012/13 can be found here. The cost for 2012/13 will be £25 per person. For Subject Formal Halls Roll Members are welcome to invite up to 3 guests (although this may be restricted on occasion so please do check in advance). For non Subject Formal Halls, up to three guests are permitted. Please contact the Roll Office on 01223 335 757 or at email@example.com if you would like further details or to book.
- To receive annually the Newnham College Letter, and notice of Memorial Lectures
- To use the College as an address for letters to be collected or forwarded for one year after graduation, this privilege not extending to circulars or advertisements