Fellow and Director of Studies
- Fellow D
- Director of Studies in Natural Sciences (Part IA Biological Sciences)
- Assistant Undergraduate Tutor
- Harassment Adviser
- Senior Treasurer JCR
- Senior Treasurer JCR Entertainments
- Senior Treasurer June Event
- Senior Treasurer Football Club
- University Senior Lecturer in Molecular Virology in Department of Veterinary Medicine
Telephone: +44 (0) 1223 337609
I received my BSc (Hon) in Biochemistry from University of Aberdeen, then did a PhD in Virology at University of Cambridge. I undertook post-doctoral positions in University of Cambridge and Edinburgh before coming to University of Cambridge as a University Fellow then lecturer.
My research focuses on immune responses to and the pathogenesis of persistent virus infections. I have worked with herpes simplex virus-1 and visna maedi virus in the past and we have recently started to study gastroenteritis viruses and their role in intestinal immunity using murine norovirus.