College Archives

Newnham College had its beginnings with 5 students lodging in a house in Regent Street, in the city centre, in 1871. By 1875, enough money had been raised to build Old Hall, (then Newnham Hall), the first building on the present Newnham site. The College now has over 600 students.  The Archives contain administrative, academic, social, photographic and personal records dating from the College’s foundation.

Hours

The Archives are open to visitors by appointment.  For enquiries and appointments please contact:

Ms Anne Thomson
College Archivist
Newnham College
Sidgwick Avenue
Cambridge
CB3 9DF

Telephone: +44 (0)1223 335738
Email: archives@newn.cam.ac.uk

Links