£34,520 per annum (based on 37.5 hrs per week)
Newnham College, Cambridge is in the final phase of a new purpose built building with new conference facilities, meeting rooms, new café/bar and 86 en-suite rooms. In order to help manage and develop these exciting new facilities the College wishes to appoint a Conference Manager to deliver and administer Conference and Events services to the College Community, external customers and to generate sales.
We are ideally looking for someone with a proven track record of sales and marketing in a busy conference environment. The focus of the role is on growing the existing events portfolio, leading the production of high profile commercial and academic conferences and ensuring the success of current programmes.
This post requires a creative, self-motivated person, capable of maintaining impeccable standards and of enhancing further the reputation of the College’s Conference and Events operation.
- 3+ years management experience of (ideally multi-site operations) including busy conference and banqueting operations.
- Demonstrable sales and marketing experience and skills.
- Demonstrable experience of planning, managing and interpreting financial data and budgets to assess performance and guide decision making.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, together with proficient written and verbal communication abilities.
- Energy, enthusiasm; discretion and diplomacy.
Benefits would include 33 days’ annual leave (including bank holidays), free lunch from the College Buttery and parking on site.
A job description and person specification can be found here. Please demonstrate in the application form how you meet the essential requirements of the role found in the Person Specification.
Applications should be emailed to the HR Advisor (firstname.lastname@example.org) by 12 noon on Wednesday 25th July 2018. Applicants should also complete an Equal Opportunities Form and return this to the Bursar’s Secretary (email@example.com ) separately. Informal enquires can be made to the Domestic Bursar on 01223 335801
Closing Date: 12.00 noon, Wednesday 25th July 2018
Interview Date: Wednesday 1st August 2018