BSc, MPhil, Phd
- Special Supervisor, Computer Science
Dr Luana Bulat is a computer scientist, specialising in natural language processing.
She is a final year PhD student in the Natural Language and Information Processing Group at the University of Cambridge Computer Laboratory, with funding from the EPSRC.
In 2015 she was awarded one of the Women Techmakers scholarships (formerly the Google Anita Borg Scholarship Programme) for the Europe, Middle East and Asia (EMEA) region. The Women Techmakers scholarship is awarded based on academic performance, leadership, and impact on the community of women in tech.
Watch her Women Techmakers Youtube interview here.
Dr Luana Bulat’s research interests include the following
- Natural language processing, with focus on computational semantics
- Multimodal semantics, grounding language in vision
- Attribute-based semantic representations
- Cognitive processing and semantic representation in the brain
For recent conference papers and publications, see her page on the Computer Laboratory website.